This page is intended to provide Tampa Bay LGBT Chamber Members and the Tampa Bay Region's small businesses, nonprofits, and other establishments with financial, operational, and healthcare resources regarding the COVID-19 outbreak.
UPDATE | May 10, 2023
The federal government’s COVID-19 public health emergency will end this Thursday, May 11 – ushering a new chapter in the fight against the disease. The end of the COVID-19 emergency removes certain coverage requirements from health insurance plans, with implications for how your employees access COVID-19 tests, vaccines and treatments.
It is important for employers take steps to understand these changes, communicate clearly about the end of the COVID-19 emergency and make it as easy as possible for your workers to stay healthy.
The Tampa Bay LGBT Chamber is closely monitoring the progression of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus). As of now, our programming, events and meetings are all being held virtually. Future programing, events and meetings are being assessed on a regular basis to determine if events need to be cancelled, postponed, or held virtually. We are currently working to connect with all our member to hear about how this situation has impacted their business and understanding their needs. We encourage members and community to use this website to stay informed.
As we continue to learn about more confirmed cases of COVID-19 across the globe, in Florida and the region, we want to ensure that we’re following the recommendations set forth by the Florida Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The health and wellness of our members and our staff is critically important to us, so we want to provide the latest guidelines to all of you as you consider the precautions you and your team will take in the coming days.
Our goal is to minimize the impact on our community by looking to our public health experts for guidance related to COVID-19. Here are some additional resources for your reference.
- Business Damage Assessment Survey
- Business Continuity Plan
- Career Source Tampa Bay
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Resources for Nonprofit Organizations
- Small Business Association - Guidance on Responding to Coronavirus
- St. Pete Fighting Chance Fund
- USBA - Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
- Workplace Tips for Employees
- Webinar hosted by Tampa Bay Chamber-- State of Business with COVID-19
State of Florida
- City of Tampa
- City of St. Petersburg
- City of Sarasota
- Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Small Business Development Center
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Disaster Resources for Businesses
- Florida Disaster Loan
- Florida Short Time Compensation Program for Employers
- Florida Unemployment Benefits
- Hillsborough County Bar Association- Legal Resource
- Video on Florida Economy During Coronavirus
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Resources and Guidelines for Business
- U.S. Dept of Labor: Occupational Health and Safety Administration
- U.S. Dept of Labor: Fair Labor Standards Act
- U.S. Dept of Labor: Family and Medical Leave Act
- United Way Suncoast Coronavirus Assistance Center
- Tax Resources
- Treasury Delays Federal Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadlines
- Veterans Affairs Medical Resources